Shady Hues

Friday, October 19, 2007

I love sifting through my old diaries and poems now and then. Some of those yellowed, dog-eared pages contain so many snippets of my soul. Reading them today, I regained so many insights into myself, that I had completely lost over the years.

Somebody once said that "A picture is worth a thousand words."

Absolutely! In fact, some pictures may even be worth much more. However, to me, the converse is also true. Those thousands of blobs of ink on paper, do draw up many images... some vivid, some faded, some happy, some sad...

After reading wistfully, about the twists or turns my currently meandering life has taken in the past, I resolved to complete one of the long-pending items on my 'Things to do' list. I rediscovered the outline of a story I had planned to write. I will try and give it some time each day or alternate day. Let's see what comes out.

Maybe, after a few years/decades, I'll be writing another blog entry, after rereading the same old pages... who knows....

3 Comments:

  • Oh hello, you had promised yourself to be more regular. Ye 'few decades' won't do.

    And I'm interested in the story. So please keep writing and updating.

    By Blogger RB, At 10:38 PM  

  • Re-reading what you wrote after so many years is a great feeling, always!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 10:42 PM  

  • Ahan...new look and new links. Kya baat hai!

    By Blogger RB, At 7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home