Shady Hues

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Happyness!

I'd always known the historical/mythological/religious significance of the 'festival of lights' but it had never meant so much to me. I've never been happier in my life. I've never wept for sheer joy, that too in public. I've never viewed the world through 'rose-tinted glasses'. But, in the last few days, I've done all of it.

There's that voice, which is music to my ears. Every word that she says, makes me smile or laugh. I just can't get enough of talking to her. Just thinking about her is reason enough for me to smile, and be happy. And I LOVE her! :-)

I went home for Diwali, had loads of fun, but missed her too. Though I'm sure both of us nearly contracted repetitive stress injury, bombarding each others' inboxes, with frequent SMS texts. And of course, my family were constantly giving me the 'raised eyebrow' look, everytime my phone beeped, and I jumped around to grab it. Although, I tried covering up by saying, 'Friends', I'm sure, the blissful smile on my face, each time I read a text gave it all away. I must've grinned/smiled so much that my face still hurts. So much so that all my pics at home have an unsmiling me, coz I just couldn't smile any more.

Everyone's been complaining about those pics, but maybe they should've tried clicking me when I was texting on the phone. :-)

On the way back to Delhi from home, I was listening to and musing about Hoobastank's song, "The Reason".

I've found a reason for me
To change who I used to be
A reason to start over new
and the reason is you

I don't really know if she's reading this, but all I'd like her to know is that I can't say how much I love her, and that no one's brought me so much 'happyness' before.

Love you!

2 Comments:

  • You say I take away the punchline, you took away the main story with this one. I am supposed to be good with words, and you have literally left me speechless. I cannot begin to tell you what kind of effect you have on me.
    I've been trying not to stay around my folks much 'coz I have all the smiling to do, too.
    I have started listening to the kind of music that constantly reminds one of someone.
    I didn't even know I could be so mushy.
    I never imagined I could cry out of happiness for myself.
    You gave my feelings words by saying that thing about festival of lights.
    I've been telling the whole world about how pleasant the vibe I get from you is. But you know what, I think they can all see it in my smiles anyway.

    I think if I were to give words to some of my feelings, I'd just change all the 'her's and 'she's of this post of yours to 'him' and 'he'. But that would still not be enough. It is still a little strange, but no words can ever be enough. I'm already wondering how I'll write about you in my autobiography. :) It's impossible. Maybe I should preserve some pictures of our smiles the way they are today, and just use them in the chapter(s) dedicated to you. Hopefully, they should do. :-)

    I think I am going insane, but I guess that is how it is supposed to be when you're in love. Your presence in my life makes it as perfect as it can be. (Bam, that's my punchline! I'll stop here. :D Muah!)

    By Blogger RB, At 10:02 PM  

  • Aarbee, you know what, I really don't mind losing the punchlines. And I really look forward to reading your autobiography. Have you already begun writing it??

    By Blogger Sumit, At 8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home